Register your carer support group!
Please complete the form below to register your carer support group with the Carer Peer Connect program. Registration is open to all carer support groups within NSW that are attended by carers of people with disability.
You can also register your carer support group over the phone by calling 02 9280 4744 and asking for the Carer Peer Connect team.
Registered carer support groups will have opportunities for:
- Support group facilitator debriefing via peer support tele-meetings.
- Education and training for support group facilitators to lead groups and for group members on a broad range of relevant topics.
- Guest speakers to address group by request.
- Referral where appropriate to other supports.
- Promotion via the Carer Peer Connect program website and support group network.
- Networking between carer support groups across NSW.
- Facilitator Forum attendance.
- Material support for the support group.
Some carer support groups are eligible for some small financial support. Your local Regional Assisting Organisation will identify which carer support groups in your area can best benefit from this small funding.
If you are starting up a new carer support group you may like to visit our Starting a Group page for additional information.
Should you have any questions regarding this form, please first consult the FAQ section. You can also email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org and call the Carer Peer Connect team on 02 9280 4744.
Carers NSW will use this information for the purposes of reviewing your eligibility to join the Carer Peer Connect program. Your information will be provided to a Regional Assisting Organisation in your Local Health District for them to provide possible local assistance. Please advise Carers NSW if you do not wish this to occur.